Part of a history of faith

IMG_4575The ACTs group visited Hamilton Old Parish Church today to see the 10th Century Netherton Cross (pictured), the 1666 Covenanters’ Heads Memorial, and the 1734 Adam designed Church that replaced the Collegiate Church of Hamilton.

We were impressed with the importance placed on faith by those who made the cross and kept it safe when the older church was moved and by the commitment of the Covenanters to do what they believed was right, despite the cost.